You are currently browsing the tag archive for the ‘matt damon’ tag.
But I hope whoever used that search term to land here found what they needed anyway.
(Doesn’t qualify his opinion politically, I know, but it sure adds to his hotness. The fact that I happened to agree with every word only adds to our destiny together.)
(Gracias Abby. I love you also on this rainy morning.)
I didn’t have much to say earlier, and I still don’t, but I figured I’d marry the Monday and Tuesday entries into a single Mueday one (or Tonday, I suppose. Whichever, the puns still fit.) since I feel neglectful and I know tomorrow will be busy.
So, had a fun, busy and game-filled weekend. Kickball on Friday, Olympics (GO PHELPS GO!) and poker game on Saturday and the Royals on Sunday. Thank God Jack was mungly and we had to leave early, because that game went into TWELVE innings. Crazy.
We found out that a friend of ours is Jack’s teacher for this year, which is great news. I really think she will be firm enough with him and honest enough with me to continue our success. Also, the transition should be easier since he knows her. But, whenever we’ve talked about it, he’s proclaimed that he will definitely go to Kindergarten, but not school. So we’ll see what that really means on Friday. Send some relaxed vibes this direction, por favor, because I just have a feeling it’s either going to be awesome or simply horrible. There’s rarely an in between with Jack. Sigh.
Let’s see.. I’m sort of bummed about Bernie Mac, but the Isaac Hayes news means virtually nothing to me. And that actually kind of makes me feel guilty, since really, I knew neither, so whatever feelings I have seem arbitrary anyway. Odd how that works, eh? I mean, I don’t know Matt Damon either, but it’s a safe bet I’d be more than ‘sort of bummed’ if he died.
Good thing he’s invincible.
So here’s the latest Teen Girl Squad entry on Homestarrunner. Be aware if you’ve never gone there that the humor is.. particular. We giggle like idiots, but that’s because we’ve watched enough to anticipate the characters.
Oh, I know! My birthday is in SIX DAYS. I will be thirty…. one. Not very exciting. But regardless, mark your calendars for August 17th. I was born a day after Elvis died and my mom said that the gal in the hospital room with her was distraught, and named her kid Elvis. Poor guy. I think of him every year.
Finally, the YTT(M) installment is a DJ called Girl Talk. He has mashed some of the coolest songs* evar, and I picked the section that seemed the most accessible here. I totally love it, but I think it’s probably not up everyone’s alley. At any rate, if you do dig it, go here and download it for free ala Radiohead. Good times.
*If you go to Youtube you can see the lists of songs used in each section.
Lorelei: Sidusler sqjeklru wcsersdlfjwl!
Me: What honey?
Lorelei: Tsdser serkfjwulc
Me:…You want grubs?
Lorelei: Yeah! Gwubs!
Apparently The Hoff took Bradley when his wife was preggers. And somehow, sadly, that makes teaching this even cooler than knowing Keifer Sutherland is a Bradley brat.
Jack: Are you excited about going to the wedding with Maggie next Friday?
Me: Uh.. there’s no wedding next Friday, honey.
Jack: Well why not?
Me: We don’t know anyone getting married.
Jack: You don’t have any friends?
Me: Yes, we have friends. But none of them are getting married next Friday.
Jack: Well how about Saturday?
Me: Honey, there are no weddings for us to go to anytime soon.
Jack: Well Maggie has a headache, and baby Miles throwed, so she’ll feel better before we go on the plane to the wedding next Friday. We’ll eat hyper ice cream and it will be so much fun!
Me: Whatever you say, goober.
Jack: You stay home while Daddy and Lorelei and Jack goes on the boat to the wedding.
Me: Sounds like a plan!
YTT: Proof that my boyfriend is psychic as well.
I have to post something – despite my dearth of interesting brain cells – to keep you coming back, eh?
1) Oscar is doing alright. He had to have a second surgery and the bill is still trucking uphill, but at this point we’re all-in, so send healthy cat vibes.
2) Props to my momma who got a new job. Huzzah!
3) Jon’s sister Leigh-Erin, and her boyfriend Scott, are in town for our friend Annie’s graduation from Med School. If you need an OB/GYN in New York anytime soon, lemme know and I’ll hook you up with her. She’s wicked smart and is going to kick ass in her field. Lots of fun and going out currently.
4) The following are funny search terms that pointed to my blog (and the posts I think they’re referencing). The others just made me laugh because I don’t get it:
- Matt Damon & adrenaline fatigue
- Tootie ta ta song
- Kristy Antonopulos
- Pictures of VW Camengia
- purple crack
- happy man with group friends
5) Here’s some of The King to dance to this weekend. Have a good one everyone!
It’s getting more difficult to call him my boyfriend, people.
First Sarah Silverman and now this? Sigh.
(Whooee we are only a week into this! Tired of it yet? Because you know my cleverness knows no bounds, right?)
1. Favorite movies
2. Favorite songs
3. All the names starting with J that we could have named Lorelei if we hadn’t luckily realized with Jacoby we were starting a matchy-matchy name theme.
4. People from my past I’d like to catch-up on now.
5. Theories why when you cross over State line from KS to MO the drivers somehow get dumber, if that’s possible.
6. Why the following people must be in on the joke, because there is just no way in hell they could be taken seriously by anyone, ever, they are so ridiculous: Britney Spears, Mariah Carey, Ann Coulter, Andrew W.K., Keanu Reeves, Jennifer Love Hewitt, Michael Moore, Tucker Carlson – just to name a few.
7. Why I love Matt Damon.
8. Words I can never remember how to spell correctly.
9. Words I just can’t remember the definition of.
10. Truths and misconceptions of autism as I know it.
11. Why simple math eludes me completely.
12. Why giving 26 vaccines in the first 6 months of life may not be a good idea.
13. Foods I love.
14. Theories on what’s genetically missing from me that I love to eat and hate the kitchen.
15. Books I love.
16. Best fictional characters of all time in the media.
17. Songs I like to karaoke, or at least watch be sung by drunk people.
18. Ways I wish I would be a better person.
19. Reasons I think I should give myself a break.
20. People I admire, and why.